couples

travel

teens

family

daytrippers

weddings

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Napa Valley

Every year our family takes a trip to the Bay Area in California to visit my Dad and extended family. This year my Dad had a project planned for the kids, so Lance and I were able to sneak away for the day. It's been about 9 years since we had been to Napa Valley- although it's only about a 30 -40 minute drive from my Dad's house.. We decided on Francis Ford Coppola's Vineyard Rubicon Estate . We didn't really put a lot of thought into it we just figured winery/ Coppola.. win, win. But as we drove down the tree-lined driveway, and got closer to the estate, I couldn't help but be in awe... the grounds were beautiful, sprawling, and well-groomed. The majestic fountain centralized in the courtyard and the large, trellis shaded outdoor patio gives this place such a calm surrender, It made me feel like I was visiting an estate in Tuscany. It would be a beautiful place for a wedding. As we entered the estate, I took in the sights as well as the smells, it's hard to describe the smell, but if I were to venture a guess I would say it smelled like a castle. The ambiance was just perfect, and I loved that there was a vast collection of authentic movie memorabilia displayed, as well as his wine-making accomplishments, because YES we are fans.... and much of the memorabilia is integrated throughout the property so that you can enjoy it all while you sip your delicious wine. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. I'm glad we decided to do it.



4 comments:

Kids Curriculum July 27, 2011 at 3:52 AM  

Lovely pictures and awesome photography.

paris wedding photographer July 28, 2011 at 3:27 AM  

My husband has taken the photos at a few of his friends weddings and swears never to do it again because you end up missing all the good stuff- the perks of being a regular old guest. Ah yes, welcome back.

Napa Wine Guide August 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

Can you believe they are changing their name again. It's now going back to the name Inglebrook!

Canon Ink September 5, 2012 at 4:21 AM  

Nice wine making post by the blogger...... Great photography...Thanks,....!

posts

posts

Popular Posts

PUBLISHED

PUBLISHED

contact

If you have questions regarding pricing or availability, please contact me at:

andiwatkins@live.com
or (435) 313-8949

top navigation

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP