couples

travel

teens

family

daytrippers

weddings

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Alcatraz

As many times as I've been to the bay area over the years, it's hard for me to believe I had never been to Alcatraz. I don't know where my love of abandoned buildings came from, but I remember even as a child finding them fascinating. I don't know if it was the excitement of the unknown or the element of danger that originally drew me in, but now I just think they are so beautiful, they speak to my soul... I like to imagine what life must have been like there and how it got to the point where it was just too much for someone to keep.. Of course most people know the history of Alcatraz (if not, you can read up HERE) and fortunately it has been kept up enough to make sure it's not a danger to visitors (unlike most of the places I like to explore) it was a perfect way to share something I love with my children at the same time they were learning about history..

0 comments:

posts

posts

Popular Posts

PUBLISHED

PUBLISHED

contact

If you have questions regarding pricing or availability, please contact me at:

andiwatkins@live.com
or (435) 313-8949

top navigation

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP