couples

travel

teens

family

daytrippers

weddings

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The now abandoned, Rock-A-Hoola Waterpark..

The Rock-A-Hoola Waterpark is located in the middle of nowhere, in the most desolate reaches of no-man’s-land between Vegas and Barstow, I've passed it several times on my way to California over the years. I remember seeing it up and running as a child and thinking what an odd place for a water park, then again as an adult after it's closing -half wishing I would have gotten the chance to go there before it closed down, the other half finding it even more interesting in its current abandoned state- I finally made a point of getting a closer look at it. My kids were just as excited as I was, although there wasn't a zombie to be found.. A sun-bleached billboard advertises this long-forgotten paradise. But aside from the billboards, all that's left are some busted-up buildings, empty concrete basins and a spindly forest of dilapidated waterslide support arches. Over the years, the Mojave Desert has gradually reclaimed much of the landscape, with mesquite trees growing up between cracks in the concrete and sand drifting into the pools. Vandals and scavengers have damaged most of the buildings and signs, but they still stand, rusting away in the desert sun...

0 comments:

posts

posts

Popular Posts

PUBLISHED

PUBLISHED

contact

If you have questions regarding pricing or availability, please contact me at:

andiwatkins@live.com
or (435) 313-8949

top navigation

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP